Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
Leaf Collection Program
City and contracted leaf collection crews were out every day this week in Wards 1&2. We anticipate having the final pickup completed east of I-270 by late this afternoon. Leaf collection will continue west of I-270 (Wards 3&4) next week once the forecasted snow melts off the leaf piles at the curb.
City crews are still experiencing manpower shortages as well as additional delays caused by switching back and forth from snow/ice control equipment to leaf collection equipment. However, we have recently been able to contract with two private landscape companies to provide additional crews to help pick up leaves. We have completed about half of Wards 1 & 2 and will complete that area of the city before moving over to Wards 3 & 4 for their final pickup.
LIMB Chipping PROGRAM
- Placed by the curb (not in the street)
- At least 3 feet long
- Between 0.5 and 3 inches in diameter
- Less than 300 cubic feet per pickup (e.g., 10' wide x 5' tall x 6' deep)
- Limbs only (no leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls, or thorns)
The City is unable to pick up:
- Limbs on vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing.
Limbs that do not qualify for chipping can be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your regular trash day. Bags can be purchased at the Government Center or at retail stores like Dierbergs or Menards.
SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY UPDATES
The Public Works Departments sends out weekly updates on the status of leaf and limb collection. Sign up to have updates sent directly to your inbox at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/SignUp.