City Council to Consider Building Code Amendments
The City Council will consider several amendments to the building code at the City Council meeting on September 13, 2021. The Building Permit Task Force and City staff are proposing several amendments for City Council review that would make Creve Coeur consistent with the building code requirements in St. Louis County and consistent with the 2015 International Residential Code as published.
The City Council established the Building Permit Task Force in 2020 to identify opportunities for improvement within the City’s building and permit inspection services to better meet the needs of the community. The task force recently hosted public forums to gather input on the permitting process and heard concerns that the City’s adopted building code was amended above and beyond the uniform standard published in the 2015 International Residential Code.
In response to the public feedback received, the Building Permit Task Force and City staff have evaluated whether the existing building code amendments are too restrictive and will present the several proposed code modifications for the City Council’s review.
NOTICE: PERMITTING AND
INSPECTION PROCEDURE CHANGES
The Building Division is responsible for enforcement of the city's building, residential-mechanical, property maintenance, nuisance and zoning codes.
Primary Building Division activities include:
- Ensuring that life safety codes and professional construction methods are adhered to during the construction process
- Administering and coordinating all aspects of the residential and commercial building permit submittal, plan review, permit issuance, field inspections and escrow release processes
- Ensuring that all residential and commercial properties are in compliance with the city's exterior property maintenance, nuisance and sign codes, Complaint Line (314) 442-2085
- Ensuring that St. Louis County provides quality permit issuance and field inspection services as they pertain to all electrical, plumbing and commercial mechanical work completed within the city
- 2015 IBC-International Building Code
- 2015 IECC-International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 IPMC-International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 IRC-International Residential Code
- 2015 ISPSC-International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- Re-roofing requirements for residential and commercial